How do you finger x1333x correctly?

Le forum des débutants à la guitare...
Répondre

Topic author
Pankh
Guitare : Acoustic

How do you finger x1333x correctly?

Message par Pankh »

Hey, so in this song I'm currently learning it has a couple of chords in this shape x1333x. When they are further up the neck I don't have much trouble playing it but the further away from me the more awkward it is to play and I get pain in my wrists because of the awkward position

I'm currently playing it with my pointer finger barring the 1 and muting the e string and my ring finger barring the 333x Sarkari Result Pnr Status Showbox

I've been trying to experiment with different positions but without much luck. If I pull the next closer towards me, the body sticks out and makes strumming harder and other chords can become difficult.

Is this just something I need to get use to or am I trying to play it incorrectly?
Modifié en dernier par Pankh le lun. 25 févr. 2019 18:33, modifié 1 fois.

El Phaco
Dieu de la Guitare
Dieu de la Guitare
Guitare : Phaco/Gretsch/Strat
Ampli : Lys/PR/TMB

Re: How do you finger x1333x correctly?

Message par El Phaco »

Two options :

- like an open A chord, but with the pinky, ring and middle fingers on the 333 part of the chord and the index for the bass ;

- or play a half barre with your ring finger, index on the bass ;

Both positions are good, try and get the easier one for you. But you have to persevere : it's a basic and very common chord form you'll find in a lot of songs.
"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best..."
Frank Zappa
Répondre

Retourner vers « Débutant »